Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pre Thanksgiving Pharmacy Trip!

JF 


Sunday I went shopping with my Mom for some pre-Thankingsgiving items she needed. I don't know if it was shopping for the cranberry sauce, scanning through the pumpkin and mince pies or passing by the succulent butterballs, just waiting there to be cooked and gobbled up, that it really set in that the holiday's are here. Anyways, for the whole two hours we were there, I realized four things. 1) It isn't hard at all to fill up two baskets worth of goods (especially in preparation for Thanksgiving). 2) I never realized how incredibly cheap Ramen is. 3) the pharmacy had a nice selection of hair products. and 4) Mom's know everything.

To elaborate more, lets start with this Ramen business. I don't know how much Ramen is where you live but last night at the market, I glanced at the price and was astounded that the Ramen was 16 cents! I turned to my mom and said "Oh my goodness, Ramen is 16 cents! No wonder people live on this stuff..." I had heard that college students lived on Ramen and so did fashion adoring individuals sometimes but never realized how cheap it was. I thought Ramen was at least 60 cents and shocked that I was way overreaching. "Yeah, you didn't know that?" My mom responded to me like I just admitted I didn't know what 2+2 was. I started to think more on it and came to the conclusion that I would seriously consider giving up regular food to be able to afford designer goods if I had to. Not saying I would do it, just that I would consider it.

Secondly, upon walking in the store, my Mom grabbed a basket and mentioned I should grab one too. "Two baskets?" I asked incredulously. "Trust me" she scoffs. I guess mom does know best after all because we were close to needing a third.

The last thing I realized at the pharmacy was their extensive variety of hair products. I ended up getting four things from the hair section. John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Conditioner, John Frieda Sheer Blonde Color Renew Tone Correcting Shampoo and the Suave Professionals Black Raspberry + White Tea Shampoo & Conditioner. I am repurchasing the go lighter conditioner (I know what you're thinking. It makes no sense that my blog is called thebrunettescapades and I am buying a conditioner for blonde hair along with a purple shampoo. One word will answer all your questions: ombre.) and I have used the suave professionals shampoo & conditioner while staying over at relatives and know it works fantastically. This is however, my first time using the John Frieda purple shampoo (since my hair is getting a little brassy) and I will report back on how it holds up.

Anyways other things I ended up picking up were a two pack of Dove deodorant (the cucumber kind), and dog food. I always buy the Purina green bag but it was way up top on the highest shelf (remember, I'm 5'2") and I couldn't find any workers (also there were so many people in the store) so I decided to just get the Beneful range from Purina. My aunt and uncle buy it for their dog too and it was on the low shelf (and it's resealable so my dog can't sneak to the utility room anymore and stick his head in the bag when I'm not looking) so I just grabbed it and off I went.

All in all, I had a nice time with my mom and learned a couple things along the way. Question of the week: What is your favourite thing about Thanksgiving and how will you be celebrating?
                                                                                                                      -the brunette

P.S. Battle of the... Navy Suede Pumps + reviews coming soon!
Mentioned in this post:
John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Conditioner                                        John Frieda Sheer Blonde Color Renew Tone Correction Shampoo                                   Suave Professionals Black Raspberry + White Tea Shampoo & Conditioner







No comments:

Post a Comment