Friday, November 16, 2012

Battle of the... Black Suede Boots!



Black Suede Boots

One of my latest fashion craves has been for a black suede tall boot. I just adore suede and love the look of it when you don't want something as edgy or full on as leather boots can look. In my efforts to find the perfect black suede boots, I have come down to these 4 boots and will compare them to one another. My list for the perfect suede boot entails a minimum of a 3 inch heel, a shaft height of no longer than 15 inches, and a calf circumference of around 15-16 inches depending on the shaft height. I have taken to Nordstroms.com to find these shoes (with the exception of the L.K. Bennett boots) and since I am an 8.5 and Nordstrom's measure their shoes with an 8.5, I am in luck with matching up their measurements to my own. Hope you enjoy!



1. L.K. Bennett Rusk Point Toe Suede Knee High Boot- $435


L.K. Bennet Rusk

Nordstrom's do sell some L.K. Bennett shoes but unfortunately Nordstrom's didn't have these lovely boots on their site. No matter, I found these on lkbennett.com but they didn't list any measurements. I ended up finding the measurements at sarenza.co.uk (Thank you) and here they are referenced on a size 38 shoe (5 in the US):

Heel: Approximately 9.5 cm = 3.74 inches
Shaft Height: Approximately 33 cm = 12.9 9 inches
Calf Circumference: Approximately 35 cm = 13.77 inches

Now the shaft height is perfect really since i have such short legs but the calf circumference is still a problem. These were measured from a size 5 shoe (I'm a size 8.5 again) but unless I can try these on in person, I am still unsure of the circumference and probably won't buy these shoes. For $435, I would definitely like to try these on before I buy.



2. Sam Edelman Empire Boots- $225


Sam Edelman Empire 

Sam Edelman make some of my favourite shoes so I was thrilled to see they had some suede boots with a heel. However, these are way too tall for my legs and would come up to my knee and hit right in between and at an awkward spot and cut my legs in half. The heel height is perfect and although the calf circumference is 14", these boots do have a built in slip at the top on the insides (look at picture in the middle and you'll see a V- shaped slit) where it does allow for a little more calf room. Again, these would be perfect if I were taller and maybe for some of you it is the perfect suede boot. The price to me is reasonable for black suede but I will not be making a purchase (sorry, Sam Edelman)

Heel: Approximately 3 3/4"
Shaft Height: Approximately 17 1/2"
Calf Circumference: Approximately 14"




3. Via Spiga Bethany- $398 $198


Via Spiga Bethany

I am obsessed with these Via Spiga Bethany boots and the best part is they are currently on sale for 50% off at Nordstroms.com for $198 from the original price of $398! The heel height and shaft height are perfect for me but I wasn't a big fan of the calf circumference. However, when I zoomed in, I noticed there was also a slit on the inside. (You can view here). I am sold on these honestly.

Heel: Approximately 4"
Shaft Height: Approximately 14 3/4"
Calf Circumference: Approximately 14 3/4"



4. Coach Therese High Heel Tassel Boots- $398 $298.50



Coach Therese 

When first looking into new boots, I was 100% behind these Coach boots (originally, I saw them in leather and they were also seen here on my Current Lusts: Lusts of the Winter post). They have a stacked heel which is chunkier than all of the above, making it easier to walk in. Although I was not a huge fan of the thicker heel, I let it pass because of the comfort factor and the amazing tassels. And when I saw them at Bloomingdales.com in suede (for some reason I could only find them in suede at Bloomingdales), I knew I had to include them in my Black Suede Boots list. These boots are chic and if they were ankle boots, they would remind me of  the Isabel Marant Dicker suede boots I always see Katie Holmes wearing. The reduced price makes them a lot easier to want to lust over them even more.


Heel: Approximately 3 1/2" (3.25 according to Bloomingdales)
Shaft Height: Approximately 16"
Calf Circumference: Approximately 15"




All in all, I am dying for either the Coach Therese suede boots or the Via Spiga Bethany's. Both are beautiful and well done but only one can be declared the winner of the Battle of the Boots... Until then, let me know which Black Suede Boot is your favorite! Thanks for reading!
                                                                                                                     -the brunette


*UPDATE: Coach Therese boots for sale at $239 at belk.com


In this Post:













No comments:

Post a Comment